iPhone 14 Pro Max is Apple's newest and most advanced smartphone, boasting several significant upgrades when compared to the iPhone 13 Pro Max, which was one of the top-selling phones in 2021.
In this article, we'll take a closer look at the rumored features, specs, and upgrades of the iPhone 14 Pro Max and compare them to the iPhone 13 Pro Max. So, whether you're considering upgrading your current device or simply curious about the latest and greatest from Apple, let's compare the iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Camera: iPhone 14 Pro Max vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max
- The iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 12MP primary camera with f/1.5 aperture, dual-pixel PDAF, and sensor-shift stabilization. It also has a 12MP telephoto lens, a 12MP ultrawide camera with f/1.8 aperture and macro photography, and a 12MP front-facing camera that can shoot 4K video at 60FPS.
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max has a 48MP primary camera with sensor-shift OIS and dual-pixel PDAF and shoots 4K video at 60fps. It also has a 12MP ultra-wide and telephoto lens, both with OIS, and a 12MP front-facing camera that shoots 4K video at 60fps
The iPhone 14 Pro Max's rear camera array is similar to the previous model, with wide, ultrawide, and telephoto lenses. However, Apple experts expect that Apple will significantly change the primary camera on the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
The camera of the iPhone 14 Pro Max has been improved by Apple, featuring a 48MP lens and an image sensor that is 65% larger. This camera upgrade provides users with pictures that are more precise and with greater detail, especially in low-light conditions.
The increased resolution of the 48MP camera means that users can zoom in or crop their photos without losing much detail, making it a highly versatile tool for photography.
Note that although the iPhone 14 Pro Max features a 48MP camera, the default file size for photos will still be 12MP. However, users have the option to manually adjust their iPhone 14 Pro Max settings to shoot in 48MP and capture full-sized photos if desired.
Display: iPhone 14 Pro Max vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max
- With a 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display, a resolution of 2778 x 1284 pixels, and a pixel density of 458 PPI, the iPhone 13 Pro Max offers a high-quality viewing experience. It has a peak brightness of 1,200 nits, as well as a 120Hz ProMotion display and True Tone technology.
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max boasts an improved display over its predecessor, featuring a 6.7-inch LTPO Super Retina XDR OLED display with a resolution of 2796 x 1290 and a pixel density of 460 PPI.
It also has a peak brightness of 2,000 nits, an upgrade from the iPhone 13 Pro Max's 1,200 nits. Additionally, the iPhone 14 Pro Max features an always-on display, allowing users to view important information without having to wake up their phone.
The Dynamic Island feature on the iPhone 14 Pro Max acts as a more versatile and interactive notification panel, with the added benefit of serving as a useful multitasking tool. It is exclusive to the iPhone 14 Pro series and not available on the base iPhone 14, which retains the same notch design as its predecessor.
The iPhone 14 Pro Max has a display that is almost the same as the iPhone 13 Pro Max but with two major upgrades: a brighter peak brightness of 2,000 nits and an always-on display that can lower the refresh rate to 1Hz for improved battery life.
Processor: iPhone 14 Pro Max vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max
- The iPhone 13 Pro Max features A15 Bionic chip
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max features A16 Bionic chip
The iPhone 14 Pro Max is powered by the A16 Bionic chip, an upgraded version of the A15 Bionic found in the previous model. The A16 Bionic is a remarkably capable and powerful processor Featuring a 6-core CPU with 2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores, a 5-core GPU, and a 16-core Neural Engine,
The iPhone 14 Pro Max's new A16 Bionic chip is built on a 4-nanometer process, which is an improvement over the iPhone 13 Pro Max's 5nm process. While these specifications indicate that the iPhone 14 Pro Max will be faster and more powerful than its predecessor, the difference may not be significant.
RAM and Storage: iPhone 14 Pro Max vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: RAM 6GB Storage option 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: RAM 6GB Storage option 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB
The iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max has the same RAM capacity of 6GB and come with storage option ranging from 128GB to 1TB
Battery: iPhone 14 Pro Max vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max
- The iPhone 13 Pro Max is equipped with a 4352mAh battery and supports 15W MagSafe wireless charging.
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max features a slightly smaller 4323mAh battery compared to its predecessor and also supports 15W MagSafe wireless charging.
While the iPhone 14 Pro Max may have a slightly lower battery capacity compared to the iPhone 13 Pro Max, other factors, such as software and hardware optimizations, may make up for it and result in similar or even improved battery life.
However, until the iPhone 14 Pro Max is released and reviewed, it is difficult to say exactly how the battery life of the two devices will compare. As a result, there is no noticeable improvement in the battery life of the iPhone 14 Pro Max when compared to the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Finally, both phones have the same charging speed with a 20W adapter, taking about 30 minutes to reach a 50% charge.
Price: iPhone 14 Pro Max vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max
On its release date of September 24, 2021, the iPhone 13 Pro Max costs $1,099 / £1,049 / AU$1,699 for the 128GB model.
The release of iPhone 14 pro max on September 16, 2022, is available for purchase at $1,099 / £1,199 / AU$1,899 for 128GB storage.
Additionally, iPhone 14 pro max price in Bangladesh starts from 149,500 BDT for the 128GB model, and the 13 pro max costs 130,999 BDT for the 128GB model.
Is the iPhone 14 Pro Max a Good Upgrade?
If you are looking for a significant improvement in camera performance, the iPhone 14 Pro Max's 48MP main camera is a major upgrade over the 12MP camera on the iPhone 13 Pro Max. Additionally, the always-on display and the A16 Bionic chip offer more convenience and improved performance.
On the other hand, if you are satisfied with the camera and performance on your current device, and the added features on the iPhone 14 Pro Max don't matter to you, then upgrading may not be necessary.